Our client is one of the worldwide leading manufacturers of measuring instruments and test assays for the clinical diagnostic and life science. Currently it is expanding his Life Science Discovery Product Division. This division is a provider of Nucleic Acid Isolation/Purification Systems based on “SPRI” para-magnetic bead technology.
For this client we are currently looking for this permanent position
Senior Sales Consultant (Genomics) m/f; Northern Germany and the Netherlands
Einsatzort: Nothern Germany and the Netherlands
- The GSR role is responsible for direct sales of genomic sample prep reagents, within the assigned territory. This includes SPRI products for DNA RNA isolation/purification, and collaboration with sales of the company´s Liquid Handling platforms.
- The successful individuals will be responsible to build and expand relationships within existing client base to provide ongoing customer service and build the revenue stream.
- Listen to and proactively act to understand customer needs and identify solutions; actively create business opportunities.
- Generate new business and establishes new beachheads.
- Targets and close top funded firms.
- Develops and manage a sales plan and strategy for assigned accounts and territory.
- Manage and maintains accurate sales forecasts based on territory quota.
- Document client interactions in Sales Force.com.
- Follow proper SOP's for generating sales quotes and requesting technical support.
- Communicate effectively with internal support infrastructure.
- Coordinates seminars and installations, and provides regular feedback from the field to Marketing and RD.
- Regular travel within territory and to headquarters is required.
- Master’s degree in the field with 1-4 years of experience
- The ability to understand the science behind the product and service offerings and basic laboratory experience is a must, specifically for the applications of Sanger/NextGen sequencing, SNP Genotyping, Gene Expression.
- Demonstrated successful sales experience preferably to life science research laboratory customers is required.
- Individual should be geographically based in the territory, and have current experience selling to academic, pharmaceutical and biotech firms in that territory.
- Past experience building new and/or underdeveloped territories and generating product and company awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, teamwork, professionalism, and determination to succeed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrates organization and effective time management.
- Administrative skills in sf.com, excel, proposal software are beneficial.